Tuesday 8 February 2011

Invaluable make up & beauty tips!

Run out of Concealer?

If I run out of concealer I scrape the hard or dried foundation from the bottle topneck or lid and mix it with a drop of moisturiser the consistency is slightly thicker than the foundation due to the drying out so is perfect for covering blemishes or dark circles!


Defined eyeshadow crease

If you want more of a dramatic appeal to your eyeshadow, add clear tape at the end of your eyes. Apply your eyeshadow and remove the tape. It will leave you with a nice crisp line. Blending the line is optional.


Hot Dramatic eyelashes
To make my eyelashes stay curled longer I heat them with a hairdryer wait for them to cool a little (test on the back of your hand) and curl its very effective the coolness of the mascara will set them too.




Tired or itchy eyes?
I like to use a cold wet tea bag normally use green tea as it is infused with antioxidants and chamomile is known for its relaxing properties, I leave it on my eyes for 15 Min's  (sometimes i smooth it over my face too can make a great toner.



Pouty Lips
 I exfoliate my lips with brown sugar and a drop of milk its really effective and tastes lovely too!..(once a week is enough)

To accentuate my lips i colour the inside corners of my mouth with a slightly darker liner than the lipstick i will be wearing line the outside of my lip paying particular attention to the angles and contours of the lip, when I've applied the lipstick i dab some gloss in the middle of the top and bottom lip...mwah!!


Shimmering hair
 For shiny hair mix 3 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 2 tbsp of Honey.Warm in the microwave for 20 secs then apply to hair.Cover with clingfilm and apply a hot towel on top leaves for 30 mins.Then shampoo and condition hair as normal..
Unruly eyebrows!!
If your eyebrows are bushy trim them down with a pair of nail scissors on the ends by brushing the brow upwards and nipping the ends then apply clear mascara on them with the mascara brush stroking in the same direction the brow is growing..this will set the brows when the mascara drys and will give a nice clean fresh finish.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of interesting tips :)
    I do the concealer/foundation tip and the unruly eyebrows tip! Definitely want to try heating my eyelash curlers!

    http://beautyaddictanonymous.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi Peeps please feel free to comment, rude or flippent comments will not be displayed..other than that your opinion is welcome x